What You'll Learn
Participants will learn how to relate to their traumatic past mindfully while using prayer and meditation to increase resiliency and emotional well being. At the start of each session, we will practice trauma-informed ways of using affirmations to drop into present moment awareness, access peace, and feel empowered. A twenty-minute teaching will be offered on the week’s theme, which will build upon the week before to provide a cumulative understanding of the tools, applications, and benefits of practicing mindfulness, prayer, and meditation. Each week we will practice a short meditation that supports the development of three major skills:
- Awareness: Being in a state of open monitoring instead of hypervigilance, feeling present and safe
- Concentration: Cultivating focused attention that includes body awareness and helps to release tension
- Acceptance: Practicing non-judgment, holding space for yourself, observing your thoughts, and self-compassion
Join us each week of this nine-week journey to experience a safe container of presence and peace while gaining a comprehensive tool kit for applying mindfulness, prayer, and meditation along your trauma recovery journey. We will also explore creating safety through shifting physiology, loving-kindness, inner and outer focus.
What You'll Get
The goal of the meditation portion of the circle is to give members an opportunity to experience their inner world in a way that feels safe and sustainable. Participants will become more adept at letting their attention and focus be solely on themselves for a period of time during meditation which can gradually be expanded to become a normal state of being. Outcomes of this increased ability are:
- More self-compassion and loving-kindness
- Better self-care
- Easier to recognize and meet needs
- Stronger, more fulfilling relationships
- Authentic vitality and joy (decreased depressive episodes)
- A deep sense of peace and security
With the prayerful guidance you receive in this journey, you will feel more confident connecting with your higher power and communing with the support of a loving spiritual guardian. You will not be required to subscribe to any specific dogmas or beliefs in order to experience the benefits of prayer.
And, with mindfulness, you will experience many benefits including:
- Reduced stress
- Better sleep
- Increased focus and memory
- Less emotional reactivity
- Greater self-observation
- Resiliency to cope with life
- Safety to experience feelings
Click here to read our blog series on the benefits of mindfulness, prayer, and meditation.
Stay Up to Date
Check the MPM Circle Calendar
We meet every Sunday at 12pm eastern. We keep the calendar updated with progress, and upcoming talking points so you always know where we are in the current resource.